The new year is always a good time to start fresh and set personal goals. So, what goals and commitments have you set for the new year? Whether you have already made a plan or not, consider these different life categories and questions to make sure all bases are covered and you are on the path to positive change and success.
There are many categories to consider when goal setting. Think about relationships with family and friends, your career and finances, physical and mental health, emotional and spiritual well-being, hobbies and recreational activities, service and community involvement, following a routine and schedule, enhancing skills and your environments, and following your passion and purpose in life. Once you have identified your goals, ask yourself these important questions:
- What is my reason for wanting to achieve this goal?
- How many times per week, and at what times, will I commit to this goal?
- How will I hold myself accountable to follow through, and who can support me?
- If somehow I get off track, how will I become motivated to get back on track?
- What is my reward for completing my goal, and what will be my next goal to continue progressing?
The new year is always a good reminder to make necessary changes, but in reality we should always be striving to move forward and better our human experience. If you ever feel incomplete, out of alignment, or out of touch with your true self and desires, you can complete this exercise to evaluate your life and change it. Our coaches are available to help you with goal setting and action planning, so reach out to us anytime for assistance.